Tombow, 1 of 8: Jill

To kick off our 8 straight days of Tombow marker inspiration, we're beginning with an emboss and watercolor technique.
Additional Tombow Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
I'm particularly loving the watercolor look lately so I've got a couple of cards for ya today.

To create each of these cards, I began by stamping my image onto watercolor paper, stamping several times for a repeated design, using VersaMark ink and heat embossing in white.  (Images by Penny Black: 4376 Hollyhocks, 40-312 Sunny Pair)  I then colored with my Tombow markers directly onto the stamped image, coloring only where I wanted the color to be darkest.  Next, using a small paintbrush, I added water to blend the marker ink, starting by adding a layer of water in the uncolored area and then working up to the colored portion.  This allowed the marker ink to "bleed" and blend naturally into the water.  I followed this same process to color the background.  I colored first with the Tombow markers around the outer edge of the flower images then added water to blend, starting first in the open "white" areas and then moving up to the edges.  I just love that with these markers, the color stays bold and vibrant, and can easily be wiped off the embossed areas using a baby wipe!  To finish off my cards, I simply added May Arts ribbon and twine and mounted the watercolor pieces using dimensional adhesive.

I wonder what Elizabeth will be embossing and watercoloring tomorrow...  :)