Out and About with Jill


Hi folks! Just wanted to let you know that I am "out and about" on the Penny Black blog and Facebook page this week with lots of creations featuring their new release, Winter Romance. Here's just a taste of what is happening over there...

This card was created using the new Creative Die set, 51-171 Nature's Beauty.  To create my background I first painted watercolor paper with watercolor paints.  Then, once dry, I used my new Papericious Ink Blending Tools to add Memento Inks over the watercolor.  A word about these blending tools... I love them!
They are very lightweight, the small base makes for great control when blending inks, and I have to admit as dorky as it is, because my craft room has white furniture, I love that they are white and match everything when sitting on my shelves. LOL  Okay, now back to the card. :) Once the background was colored, I added stamping with VersaFine inks using Penny Black stamps, 30-311 Soft Grace and 30-322 Prancers as well as 30-322 Joy to All.  I flicked white Dr. Ph Martins Hydrus Watercolor Paint onto the background to create the look of snow. The snowy hill at the bottom of the card was handcut and stamped with the sentiment, Penny Black 30-307 Holiday Snippets.

I used the Papericious ink blending tools to create the background for this next card, too.  Onto smooth Neenah Solar White cardstock, I blended a variety of Ranger Archival Inks and Memento Inks, using masks to create the sunrise and snowbanks.  The snowflakes, Penny Black 30-311 Soft Grace, were stamped once the background was complete.  The new Penny Black Creative Die set, 51-178 Berry Branches, was colored with ShinHan Art Touch Twin Markers before being adhered to the background.  The sentiment stamp and banner are by Penny Black: 30-307 Holiday Snippets, 51-027 Triple Banner.
I love dies that have multiple uses so for my next card I've again used the new 51-178 Berry Branches by Penny Black on a springtime card. 

Did you spot the branches?  

The wonderful folks from Papericious surprised me by sending some gorgeous papers and embellishments which I used on this card.  The woodgrain background paper is from their Vintage Rosewood 6 x 6 Paper Pack.  And the happiness embellishment is from their Circular Collage Sheet "Be You" and was covered with a Dome Sticker.  I colored the background paper and my  die cuts (Penny Black 51-178 Berry Branches, 51-002 Leaves, and 51-132 Flights of Fancy) with Shimmerz Coloringz sprays (Well Blue Me Down, Pink Stilettos, My Bleeding Heart, Mandarin Mai Tai, Oh Say Can U Sea) and Shimmerz Vibez spray (Rolling in the Hay).  A touch of background text was stamped using Penny Black 30-238 Footnotes.

For my next card, I was inspired by the romance of Penny Black's new release along with the Papericious 6 x 6 Paper Packs: The Flora Season and It's Peach Time.  I created a border for the base of my card using the pattern papers.  I then stamped the new Penny Black Slapstick/Cling image, 40-427 Pretty Perch, and painted it with Shimmerz Creameez Paints (Thunder Storm, Luck O' the Irish, Strawberry Fields, Firm Foundation, Berry Hot, Purple Rain, Lettuce Get Together) and Shimmerz Paint (Golden Wheat).  This image is such a joy to paint, I have already created a couple of cards with it. This one is for a winter birthday.

Here's another with more of a holiday feeling...
(All stamps and dies by Penny Black: 40-427 Pretty Perch, 30-307 Holiday Snippets, 51-163 No Peeking, 30-311 Soft Grace, 1369L Postcard)  Oh, and that blue background for the photo? It's another Papericious paper (12 x 12 Paper Pack Wooden Collection).  This collection of papers is really great for photo backdrops.

 Okay, NOW I am officially headed out the door to be "OUT and ABOUT" on the Penny Black blog and Facebook page. :) And special thanks to Papericious for letting me play with some of your products.

We'll be back in the STUDIO with more Autumn Fun very soon!