Out and About with Jill: 12 Days of Christmas with Feminine Twist

I'm so excited to be...
... on the Ellen Hutson CLASSroom blog taking part in the wonderful 12 Days of Christmas with a Feminine Twist event.

As a guest of the fabulous Lisa Adametz, my challenge was to create a tag that fit the theme "Non-Traditional Colors and Texture."  Here's what I came up with...
The background of my tag was created by first applying texture paste through Penny Black's stencil, Holly Medley.  Once that was dry, I painted the background using Sakura Koi watercolors from the Field Sketch Box.  I then added Archival Ink onto the edges of the tag and a light layer over the textured background.  Torn cardstock provided a snowy ground for Penny Black's little girl, Mimi, to play.  :)  She is from the Penny Black transparent set, Twinkle and Wish.  I stamped her onto watercolor paper, painted the image with watercolors, and used Copic markers for her face.  I then fussy cut the image and added her to my tag.  Watercolored snowflakes, Penny Black Creative Die Snow Time, were added as a final embellishment.
TIP/HINT: to create even more additional texture, apply heat to the texture paste using a heat gun.  This will cause it to bubble slightly.  When watercolors are applied over the background they will settle around the bubbles for a unique look.

Thanks for stopping by... be sure to pop over to the Ellen Hutson CLASSroom to see what Lisa has designed using this same theme featuring Penny Black stamps and dies! (You will also find a complete list of supplies there, too.)