Pretty Packaging I: Elizabeth's Inspiration

Pretty packaging is everywhere.  Clothing, food, jewelry and more all come wrapped in colorful designs that attract the eye.  They're also a great source of ideas.  Follow along with us as we show how packaging concepts inspire our artwork.


Pinterest Photo Link Here
What immediately caught my eye about this packaging 
was the bright burst of color against a white background 
with a black tag. 

Using those visual enticements, I created this card.

A small textured background was die cut using Flower Pop Outs (Penny Black 51-230).  Flowers from Sunshine Flowers (Penny Black 30-357) were stamped on a separate piece of white cardstock in Onyx Black VersaFine and heat embossed with clear powder.  After coloring the flowers with Copics they were fussy cut. 


The flowers along with the sentiment from Happy Snippets (Penny Black 30-358) were attached to the prepared card base with dimensional foam tape.

This is one of those card recipes that I enjoy having in my go-to idea file.  So easy to change the color of the flowers and sentiment to fit many different occasions.

I can't wait to see how Jill used this pretty packaging for her post!