Spooky Screams, 1 of 4: Jill

Eeeeek!!! Do you hear the screams coming from the STUDIO? Don't worry, we are just getting excited for Halloween.  Or perhaps we're screaming because we ran out of chocolate... haha!  Join us this month as we share projects with a spooktacular theme.


To kick off this spooktacular stamping, I've reached for Penny Black's Slapstick/Cling stamp, 40-479 Spidery Wishes.
I love the large size of this stamp... it's a card in itself! I began by stamping it with VersaMark ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock, sprinkling with white embossing powder, and heating to set.  Next I applied Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, and a light touch of Fired Brick) to the background using an ink blending tool and foam pads.  I then splattered water onto the background and patted it with a dry paper towel.  To embellish the card design, I made some stamped faux washi tape using Penny Black's transparent stamp set, 30-161 Embellishements.  I also added a couple die cut bats from Penny Black's Creative Die set, 51-245 Halloween Creatures.

I can't wait to see what spooky stamping Elizabeth has up her sleeve... I wonder if it will be a trick or a treat!