Feathers, Fur, Fins & More, 1 of 8: Jill

It's all about those cute and adorable critters that make us go "Aww".


Okay, if we're talking "feathers, fur, fins, and more," then I just can't resist sharing this card featuring Penny Black's Creative Die set, 51-316 Mommy & Me Owls.
I began by inking my background using Ranger Archival Ink in the color of Fern Green using an ink blending tool and foam pad.  The "you're the best" sentiment (Penny Black 30-283 Snippets) was stamped using Ranger Archival Potting Soil ink.  The background leaves (Penny Black Creative Die 51-326 Graceful Greenery) were inked with both Fern Green Archival Ink and Olive Grove Memento ink and were adhered to the card with liquid glue.  The owls (Penny Black 51-316 Mommy & Me Owls), leaves (Penny Black 51-002 Leaves), and sentiment die (Penny Black 51-339 You Enjoy!) were all inked with Distress Inks using an ink blending tool and foam pads.  White and orange cardstock was added behind the owls' beaks and eyes.  The owls and leaves were added to the card with dimensional adhesive.  Finally, I embellished the design with tiny sequins from my stash.  

I have to admit, I had a smile on my face the whole time I made this card. Those owls are just too adorable.  

I wonder what creatures we will find on Elizabeth's next project... will they have feathers, fins, fur, or something else?! Whooooo knows!