Same Stamp Challenge: In Paris with Elizabeth

One stamp, one Studio, two designers, two cards... what will two friends create when they both reach for the beautiful Penny Black stamp, 40-609 In Paris?


For my design, I created some Parisian mixed media.


A very special girl I knew was turning twelve and she was having a Paris-themed birthday party and I thought this card would perfect in keeping with all her French festivities.

I started by adding white gesso to a manila tag along with a piece of torn sheet music.  A combination of acrylic paints and chalks were applied to the tag with lots of water misting.

In Paris was stamped on all the colorful happiness in Paris Dusk Memento ink.  A subtle stenciling of dots was floated into the design.

To keep the sentiment crisp and clean, I stamped it with black StazOn ink on heavy tissue paper and adhered it with matte gel medium.

A little bit of freehand text in white added a message that is probably only readable by me and my heart.

After edging the tag with Delicata Gold ink it was attached to a card blank with dimensional foam tape.

Penny Black Supplies: In Paris 40-609, Snippets 30-283, Dotlets 25-007, Letter Background 1999L

Merci beaucoup for visiting us while we visited Paris via stamping!